Faces in Need in Nelson County
Nelson County is not all picturesque mountain views, apple orchards, and farmers’ markets.
- Over half our school children depend on free or reduced-cost school meals
- Hundreds of Nelson County residents can’t afford life-saving medicines
- Only half of our talented high school students can go on to college
This is where the all-volunteer, non-profit Nelson County Community Fund, Inc. comes in. NCCF supports local organizations that help Nelson County residents and our neighbors in need. Each year we award more than $100,000 in grants to nonprofits that assist individuals with:
- Accessing preventive health care, dental & vision care, and prescription drugs
- Paying rent and utilities
- Combating child hunger and promoting fitness
- Preparing for and affording college
- Fighting substance abuse
- Repairing homes for the elderly and disabled
- Expanding environmental education and awareness
…and much more.
NCCF relies on the generous support of individuals like you. See how little it takes to give so much to those who need it.