What is the Nelson County Community Fund?
The Nelson County Community Fund (NCCF) is the only community-based, tax-deductible fund that makes grants available to diverse non-profits serving educational and humanitarian needs in Nelson County. Like a “community chest”, it directs your donations to organizations benefiting school-age children, adults in need, and community services. Grants are made possible through generous donations, and partnering with area businesses to sponsor fund-raising events. For details on NCCF’s mission and governance, click here. Also visit us on FaceBook
You can help by making a contribution to NCCF
Thank you for caring and for sharing!
Or contact us to volunteer or sponsor an event by clicking here.
“Without your help, Georgia’s Healing House would not be able to help our women heal from their wounds inflicted by addiction and mental health trauma…. This award will help the women of GHH rebuild new, productive and meaningful lives.”
“You are the engine that keeps our truck on the road. Your support will help us help our rural neighbors by increasing access to wholesome food—including fresh produce. Your generous decision to support the Nelson Mobile Food Pantry benefits the lives of more than 170 vulnerable households each month.”
News & Upcoming Events
Witches, warlocks—and even a shark head—boogied to the music of British rock cover band Abbey Road, while enjoying wine, a buffet dinner, and live and silent auctions at party venue Valley Road Vineyards. Thank you to all the donors, business sponsors, and patrons who supported this very important fundraiser.
Nearly 125 runners braved the cold, soggy weather for the 2019 “Be Thankful 5K” at Bold Rock Cidery over Thanksgiving weekend. Sponsored by Wintergreen Resort and co-hosted by Bold Rock, proceeds from the annual family fun benefited the Nelson County Community Fund and the Rockfish Valley Foundation. Participants scored tee shirts, cider mugs, and prizes for best costumes, fastest dog, and other fun categories.
Support for emergency home repairs for the elderly and disabled, drug and alcohol abuse rehabilitation, and free books for school-aged children are among the grants awarded in the 2019 summer grant cycle by NCCF.
• The Nelson County Community Development Fund for its on-going Emergency Home Repair Program to help create safe and healthy homes for low-income elderly and disabled county residents.
• Unity in Community for its financial aid programs to assist county residents with electric, fuel, medical and dental bills, rent and mortgage payments, and food, clothing and household needs.
• The Bridge Ministry to support a two-phased rehabilitation program to provide mentoring, vocational skills, and education to help recovering male addicts support their families.
• The BridgeLine to support vocational daycare and case management programs for adults with brain injuries in the county.
• Free Book Bus to support book purchases and fuel to bring a converted school bus public venues in Nelson County for book giveaways to youths.
Grants to two other organizations are contingent upon the organizations’ raising matching funds:
• Nelson Heritage Center-Millennium Group to use toward raising funds to renovate an aging community gym.
• Jefferson-Madison Regional Library to help finance a business center as part of a major expansion of the Nelson County Public Library.
To apply for a grant, click on the Grants tab on this website.
Need to run off a few pounds after Thanksgiving? The annual “Be Thankful 5K” at Bold Rock Cider distillery is your chance to have fun and give back at the same time. Co-hosted by Bold Rock and Wintergreen Resort, the family fun run is Saturday, November 30 at 9 a.m. Proceeds will benefit the Nelson County Community Fund and the Rockfish Valley Foundation. Online registration starts now at runreg.com. Be sure to complete waivers for runners online too. Register by November 15 to receive a free race t-shirt. Onsite registration at Bold Rock will be 7:30 a.m.-8:30 a.m. on race day. Bring the kids! Bring the dog! Dress up! Prizes will be awarded for best costumes and other fun categories. See you at the race!
Please get in touch with us if you are interested in learning more about the Nelson County Community Fund. We also welcome your questions, comments, and suggestions.
Nelson County Community Fund, Inc.
P.O. Box 253
Nellysford, VA 22958