Nelson County Community Fund, Inc. (NCCF) awarded $80,500 in grants this fall to 10 nonprofits that support Nelson County residents.
The funds will support organizations that provide help to food-insecure families, victims of sexual assault and substance abuse, low-income persons seeking affordable housing or home repairs, educational opportunities, and legal services, and other causes.
Here are the nonprofits receiving grants:
- Blue Ridge Area Food Bank, Inc.
- American Red Cross of Central Virginia
- Sexual Assault Resource Agency (SARA)
- Central Virginia Legal Aid Society
- Blue Ridge Medical Center
- Nelson County Community Development Foundation
- Monticello Area Community Action Agency (MACAA)
- On Our Own Charlottesville VA, Inc.
- Piedmont Habitat for Humanity, Inc.
- The Nature Foundation at Wintergreen
For details on the programs funded through these grants, click on the link above to view recent new releases. For more information on NCCF’s grant program, visit https://nelsonfund.org/apply-for-a-grant/. The next application period deadline is December 31, 2022.