In the holiday spirit of giving, 12 wineries, cideries, breweries, and distilleries that make up the Nelson 151 business coalition are pooling contributions for a collective donation in support of the Nelson County Community Fund. Dubbed the 9th annual “Twelve Days of Christmas on Nelson 151,” each business will donate a portion of proceeds collected on their chosen day of giving between Dec. 23, 2018, and Jan. 5, 2019. “We are delighted and grateful to be chosen as the recipient for this year’s donation challenge,” said NCCF co-chair Sarah Jane Stewart.
Stewart was also interviewed by CBS19-TV about this Nelson County small business collaborative fund-raising effort.
Funds raised will support NCCF’s grants to nonprofits addressing Nelson County’s most pressing humanitarian needs.
Here is the list of “giving days” for participating 151 businesses. For more information, visit www.nelson151.com.
- Dec.23: Afton Mountain Vineyards
- Dec. 24: Valley Road Vineyards
- Dec. 25: Nelson Co. Economic Development
- Dec. 26: Devils Backbone Brewing Company
- Dec. 27: Wild Wolf Brewing Company
- Dec. 28: Blue Mountain Brewery
- Dec. 29: Cardinal Point Brewery
- Dec. 30: Brewing Tree Beer Company
- Dec. 31: Bold Rock Hard Cider
- Jan. 1: Blue Toad Hard Cider
- Jan. 2: Veritas Vineyard & Winery
- Jan. 3: Hill Top Berry Farm
- Jan. 4: Flying Fox Vineyard
- Jan. 5: Silverback Distillery