Upcoming Events and News
November 23, 9 a.m.
For everyone else who needs to move it after a big Thanksgiving meal, the “Be Thankful 5K” race will be held again this year on Friday, Nov. 23, 9 a.m., at Bold Rock Cidery, 1020 Rockfish Valley Hwy. (Rt. 151), Nellysford, VA.
All ages can participate, even leashed dogs, and prizes will be awarded for the fastest in each age group. Bring yourself and your extended family to walk/run the beautiful Rockfish Valley Foundation course.
For details and to preregister, click here. Register by Nov. 12 to receive a t-shirt. Pick up packets Wednesday, Nov. 21, 4-6 p.m. at Bold Rock Cidery.
Final registration is 7:30-8:30 a.m. on Friday; pay with cash or check only.
The event is sponsored by Wintergreen Resort, Bold Rock Cider, and the Rockfish Valley Foundation. Net proceeds will benefit the Nelson County Community Fund, where neighbors help neighbors in need.
Downloads and Resources
- Site Visit Report Form – Word
- Site Visit Report Form – PDF
- Grant Application Procedure – PDF
- Grant Application Procedure – Word.doc
- Grant Application Procedure – Word.docx
- Grant Reporting Form - PDF
- Grant Reporting Form - Word Doc
- Media Release Form
MAIL PROPOSALS TO: Nelson County Advisory Committee PO Box 253 Nellysford, VA 22958
How Are Funds Raised?
- ~Annual appeals & direct mail
- ~Donations earmarked for the endowment fund
- ~Memorial Bequests: For information on how you can leave a legacy in your will to help your Nelson neighbors, click here.
- ~Participation in local fund raising events
- ~Opportunity Ball
What Is NCCF’s Grant History
Since 2000, NCCF has awarded close to $1,000,000 to more than 50 agencies and programs.
What Type of Programs Does the NCCF Provide Funding For?
Education, scholarships, seniors, medical, dental, hunger, childcare, disabilities, refurbishing substandard housing are all areas where the NCCF has made positive, life changing contributions in response to appeals for assistance. Pictured below is the mobile clinic of Blue Ridge Medical Center's Rural Health Outreach Program (RHOP). This is evidence of NCCF funds at work in the Nelson community. RHOP is just one example of a program which has received funding from NCCF grants to support its operation. For more information on programs supported by NCCF grants, see Success Stories and Grants.